If you are having a hard time choosing which bird to adopt then look no further. You can adopt the whole flock!
- Turkeys are playful, social animals who form strong bonds with their families and flock mates.
- Due to selective breeding, commercial male turkeys rapidly grow to a weight 3 times larger than wild male turkeys in only 4 months. They are bred to develop such large breasts that they can no longer reproduce naturally. Due to their size, they can’t fly more than a few feet.
- Each year, more than 46 million turkeys are killed for Thanksgiving alone.
- The majority of these birds are raised on factory farms, linked to air and water pollution, soil erosion, ocean degradation, and wildlife devastation – hurting us and our planet.
- For a one-time donation of $35, you can symbolically adopt Farm Sanctuary-rescued turkeys, Bowie, Gerda, Perdita, Ruthie, and Spunky; or, sponsor the flock for $150.
- #BreakTheChain of old traditions by sponsoring, not eating, a turkey this Thanksgiving!